AMBER Archive (2009)
Subject: Re: [AMBER] sqm x mopac in AmberTools 1.3
From: David Watson (dewatson_at_olemiss.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 22 2009 - 09:20:37 CST
On Dec 22, 2009, at 9:02 AM, Alan wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am very happy with AmberTools 1.3.
> Nevertheless, I would like to clarify some questions.
> I use MBP with SL 10.6.2 64 bits.
> I compiled AT 1.3 as:
> export MKL_HOME=/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/076/Frameworks/mkl
> ./configure -macAccelerate intel
> make -f Makefile_at
> cd $AMBERHOME/test; make -f Makefile_at test
I believe when you use -macAccelerate it ignores MKL.
> All Tests OK.
> Then I tested antechamber on a ligand with sqm and mopac (which I just
> copied mopac and mopac.sh from amber10/bin into amber11/bin):
> First: with mopac, I got things done in 1min 20 s, with sqm it did in 15m 20
> s. Yes, 14 min more!
I also notice longer antechamber times using sqm vs mopac.
MacBook, SL 10.6.2, Intel 11.076 compilers/MKL.
but there are two odd tests.
Running test to do simple lmod optimization
< Glob. min. E = -128.257 kcal/mol
> Glob. min. E = -136.806 kcal/mol
FAILED (probably OK if energy is -120 to -130)
cd DNA; ./Run.DNA1
diffing 132d.mol2.save with 132d.mol2
possible FAILURE: check 132d.mol2.dif
I'm not sure if the sleap test failure is a true failure or not, but I'll attach the diff anyway.
AMBER mailing list