AMBER Archive (2009)
Subject: RE: [AMBER] parameterization of protein-ligand complex
From: Jeff Yeo (weekiang_at_live.com)
Date: Mon Sep 14 2009 - 10:03:25 CDT
I extracted the ligand from the docked protein-ligand complex file, by deleting all atoms which belong to the protein. It was saved as 'myligand.pdb'. Next, I created the .pdb file which contains only the atoms of the protein and saved it as 'protein.pdb'.
As described previously, I used the 'myligand.pdb' to generate the Gaussian03 input file. However, after Gaussian has completed its run, I realized that the Cartesian coordinates of the Gaussian-treated ligand has shifted and therefore the ligand is no longer inside the binding pocket of 'protein.pdb'. I am totally puzzled by why and how this has occured since I used the ligand coordinates from the docked protein-ligand complex file.
Moreover, although I have loaded the myligand.frcmod file during the tLeap session, it still complains that the atoms in the ligand portion of the concatenated file have missing parameters.
With Windows Live, you can organize, edit, and share your photos.
AMBER mailing list